Welcome to the Sustainability Policy hub: PEOPLE-PLANET-PROFIT!
"Plans to protect air and water, wilderness and wildlife , are in fact plans to protect man."
COVID-19 and Your Safety
Every year we aim to make our event more responsible and help our markets improve its own sustainability. This year, health and safety is a priority as we want to deliver a safe experience for everyone involved.
Taking into account safety protocols due to COVID-19 pandemic, the event will take place in a hybrid format. Limited places will be available on site while all participants will be able to attend the sessions via live streaming. There will be a sanitation policy in place while seating will be adjusted according social distancing recommendations.
Sustainability Forum 2020 will be COVID-19 Shield certified by TÜV Austria Hellas.
People - Planet - Profit
We aim to make the Sustainability Forum 2020 a responsible event, by offsetting all significant CO2 and other greenhouse gases emitted as a result of the event.
CARBON OFFSET IN DETAILS:
Participants travel and accommodation. Venue infrastructure: heating, A/C and energy use. Paper usage
Doing our best to keep carbon emissions to a minimum.
THE KEY SUSTAINABILITY KPIs FOR THE 2020 FORUM
- ENERGY: Use less than average energy at the Forum, benchmark with comparable size conferences
- WATER: Provision of good quality tap water for drinking, to curb plastic bottles and single use PETs and LDPEs.
- WASTE: Produce less than average waste, benchmark with comparable size conferences. Separate waste streams / recycling.
- SUSTAINABLE TRANSPORTATION: Promote use of public transport and bicycles. Greek government makes serious efforts toward expanding pedestrian and bicycle areas across Athens downtown. Moreover, venue location is so incredible – city’s main square – you can easily navigate throughout the capital before and after the Forum, not to mention – locate it on the maps, to access the conference with ease.
- CURBING CO2: Offset attendee travel to and from Conference
- SOCIAL DIVERSITY: Wide range of speakers and participants in terms of gender, geographic origin and sectors, and types of organisations. Zero discrimination. Socially inclusive and open event. Enhance well-being, health and safety of the Forum members.
- YOUR OPINION: Our team tracks, monitors and addresses any potential complaints and proposals, through the specific evaluation form you that you will be kindly requested to fill out after the conference (feel free to share your thoughts and impressions in it!)