Here are some quotes we received from participants:
“Brava! Quality mix of regulatory information and business development. Professionals are working together to ‘push the needle further’”. – Nadine Cino, CEO & Co-Founder, Tyga-Box Systems, New York, USA.
“Interesting topics, inspiring speakers, one sustainable experience”. – John Maleganos, Business Development Manager, European SustainabilityAcademy, Crete, Greece.
“Informative and useful. It helped me understand sustainability aspects. Also I liked the interaction”. – Maria Tzirita, Corporate Communication Coordinator, Greece.
“A great opportunity for networking”. – Sylvia Kourkouli, CSR Section, ALPHA BANK, Athens, Greece.
Other participants said:
- Easy, quick, useful
- An interesting initiative for Greece, so you should keep up
- Very interesting in general
- Well organized, interesting topics.
Sustainability Forum 2014 came to a successful end
More than 80 attendees from Greece and abroad
For the third consecutive year, Global Sustain delivered a unique sustainability event and gathered top experts and prominent speakers from all around the world. Sustainability Forum 2014 – A training, networking and professional development event took place on October 3, 2014, at the Center of Sustainable Entrepreneurship Excelixi, Athens, Greece.
The participants had the chance to gainhands-on experience, practical knowledge and professional skills regarding important sustainability issues, through nine specialised workshops and three plenary sessions.
The workshops of this all-day carbon neutral event, focused on issues such as:How GRI can meet the new EU non-financial reporting ‘report or explain’ framework, G4 materiality analysis, an introduction to CSR & sustainability, cultivating the next generation leaders (DOW case study), how business is redefining value, the leadership agility factor, impact entrepreneurship and sustainability, empowering stakeholders to make sustainable business happen, emerging global sustainable development framework, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and partnerships, green sustainability credentials through the climate change and environment related international standards, empowering teams to bring sustainability initiatives, FSC certified printed material.
During the 1st plenary session, Mr. Panagiotis Louizos, Corporate & Stakeholder Relations Planner from Global Reporting Initiative, provided an overview of the main features of the new EU non-financial reporting framework and its relevance to GRI.
- Aris Vrettos, Director, The Prince of Wales’s Business and Sustainability Programme / Development Director, CISL Open Programmes, University of Cambridge, Institute for Sustainability Leadership, talked about the new sustainable business models and the creation of value.
- Georgios Kostakos, Independent Consultant on Global Governance, Sustainability and UN Affairs and Executive Director, Foundation for Global Governance and Sustainability (FOGGS), delivered a presentation about the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that will prevail after 2015.
The successful completion of courses was followed by the distribution of attendance certificates and by a cocktail reception.
Supporters & Sponsors
- Gold Sponsor: Alpha Bank
- Supporters: Gilead, European Reliance, Swarovski, Manifest, Papadopoulos Biscuits, Divani Collection
- Venue Sponsor: Center of Sustainable Entrepreneurship Excelixi
- Graphic Designer Partners: Greenmind Advertising, impressme Creative Communication
- Carbon Offset Partner: Green Evolution
- Web & Social Media Partner: Think+
- Printing Sponsor: PressiousArvanitidis
- Airline Partner: AirFrance KLM
- Communication Partners: Governance & Accountability Institute, Ethical Performance, asianNGO, CSRwire, Direction Business Network, CSR Review, csrnews.gr, csrweek, Boussias Communications, Marketing Week, Daily Fax, Plant Management
- Under the auspices of: City of Athens Convention and Visitors Bureau