Trainer: Athanasia Karananou, Investor Engagements Senior Manager, Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
Background and PRI Mission:
The United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) Initiative is an international network of investors working together to put the six Principles for Responsible Investment into practice. Its goal is to understand the implications of sustainability for investors and support signatories to incorporate these issues into their investment decision making and ownership practices.
The PRI Initiative is the leading global network for investors with approximately 1380 signatories that collectively manage more than US $59 trillion.
We believe that an economically efficient, sustainable global financial system is a necessity for long-term value creation. Such a system will reward long-term, responsible investment and benefit the environment and society as a whole.
The PRI will work to achieve this sustainable global financial system by encouraging adoption of the Principles and collaboration on their implementation; fostering good governance, integrity and accountability; and addressing obstacles to a sustainable financial system that lie within market practices, structures and regulation.
- Introduce participants to the concept of Responsible Investment, long termism and the growing ESG market
- Enhance understanding of how global investors incorporate ESG performance into their investment decision making practices
- Discuss active ownership and the role of investor engagement initiatives in fostering sustainability and good governance within companies, including case studies with a focus on corporate governance
- Institutional investors
- Investor Relations & Company Secretaries
- Executive & non-executive directors
- Sustainability & CSR professionals
- Sustainability analysts
Participants will develop a good understanding on the following topics
- Responsible investment
- Active ownership
- Engagement on ESG issues, with a focus on corporate governance
- Academic knowledge
- Work experience
- Introduction to Responsible Investment and the PRI
- Incorporating ESG performance into investment decision making
- Active ownership and the role of investor engagement initiatives
- Case studies:
- Best practice corporate governance frameworks: how they are developed and evolve to address investor expectations in a global economy
- Investor engagement on corporate governance: key issues, investor asks, company responses and how to measure impact & success