October 6-7, 2018
Saturday, October 6, 2018
|06:00-07:00||Transport from Athens hotels to E. Venizelos Airport|
|08:00-9:00||Flight to Chania, Crete.|
|09:30-11:30||Visit to Astrikas Estate Biolea, award winning, cold press extra virgin olive oil factory. Tasting and tour of Biolea. Lecture on Sustainable Entrepreneurship. Coffee stop at the historical village of Spilia.|
|11:30-13:00||Visit to sustainable enterprise Fisika, handmade olive oil soaps and toiletries.|
|13:00-15:00||Arrive at ESA (European Sustainability Academy), purpose-built sustainability learning academy, for light refreshments and get familiarized with ESA spaces. 10-minute walk to Drapanos taverna for a traditional Cretan village lunch.|
|15:00-16:00||Check in at Almyrida Beach Hotel. Visit to Tzompanakis hand blown, recycled glass factory.|
|16:00-18:00||Free time – Coffee and sweets at the beach.|
|18:00-22:00||Return to ESA for Cretan-Fusion dinner with a Cretan fine wine tasting experience. Presentation by ESA Resident Astronomer, ‘The Universe in a Wine Glass’. Live star and planet watching (with a robotic telescope).|
Sunday,October 7, 2018
|08:00-09:30||Breakfast at hotel. Transport to the European Sustainability Academy.|
|09:30-11:30||Lecture and interactive knowledge sharing activity with aspirational, local ‘Millennial Sustainability Entrepreneurs’ by the Technical University of Crete.|
|12:00-14:30||Stroll, shopping and coffee at Central Market & Chania Old Harbor.|
|14:30-16:30||Lunch at Nea Hora (Chania Old Town) fish restaurant.|
|16:30-18:30||Lecture at the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania,MAICH.|
|18:30-19:30||Campus tour of the Sustainability Engineering Departments of the Technical University of Crete.|
|19:30-21:30||Visit to Venizelos tombs, coffee and sweets at Acrotiri hill (Koukouvagia).|
|23:20-00:10||Flight to Athens.|
|00:10-01:00||Transport from E. Venizelos airport to central Athens.|
|Single Room||Regular||500 euro|
|Double Room||Regular||450 euro|
Download the Registration Form.
Terms & Conditions:
- Fees are all inclusive and include:
- Local Transportation,
- Hotel Accommodation for 1 night,
- All meals for 2 days (breakfast, lunch, dinner, including olive oil & wine tasting),
- Entrance tickets for sites and other attractions,
- Costs and tickets for outdoor activities,
- Training courses, material and presentations,
- Tour guide
- Some outdoor activities may require good physical condition. Participants join outdoor activities at their own risk and responsibility.
- Participants wishing to join the tour are requested to present themselves at the departure point no later than 1 HOUR BEFORE DEPARTURE TIME.
- The organiser reserves the right to change the itineraries or routes if necessary.
- The organiser reserves the right to change the accommodation venue (resort) based on availability and number of final registrations.
- Programme and outdoor activities are subject to changes based on the number of participants and weather conditions.
- In case of a force majeure and/or reasons beyond our control and events that occur after the tour departure, the organiser reserves the right to modify the routing and alter the itinerary. Safety of participants comes first.
- The organiser reserves the right to cancel any of the services, without any penalties beyond, offering a full refund.
- We recommend that all participants are adequately insured before traveling.
- Please inform the organisers promptly of any dietary preferences and or food allergies to make proper arrangements well in advance.
- All prices exclude VAT (if applicable).
- Limited seats are available. Early booking is strongly advised. There is a maximum number of participants.
- Registrations and bookings are on a first come – first served priority.
- The organiser reserves the right to deny participation once the maximum number of participations has been reached.
- Unless full payment is received, participation is not confirmed and guaranteed.
- Once full payment has been made, cancellations will only be accepted in writing and are in effect 24 hours after the date we receive them.
- If you cancel your reservation 90 or more days prior to the scheduled departure date of the tour, your entire payment will be refunded.
- If you cancel in 60 days prior to the scheduled departure date of the tour, the 50% of your payment will be refunded.
- Not-refundable for cancellation made at any time less than 45 days, or no show up.
- All cancellations must be confirmed by the organiser.
The organiser shall not be or become liable or responsible for any loss, injury or damage to person, property or otherwise in connection with any accommodation, transportation, or other services resulting directly or indirectly, from acts of nature, danger, incident to the sea, fire breakdown in machinery or equipment, acts of Government or other authorities, de jure or de facto, wars, thither declared or not, strikes, riots, customs regulations, delays or cancellations, or change of itinerary of schedules, or from any cause beyond the organiser’s, control, or for any loss or damage resulting from improper or insufficient, passports, visas or other documents, and that the organiser, shall not be or become liable or responsible for any additional expense or liability sustained or incurred by the purchaser as a result of the foregoing causes. Baggage is at owner’s risk throughout the tour, unless insured. Small articles, coats, wraps, cameras and other hand baggage are entirely under the cared of the passenger, who is cautioned against the risk attached to these being left in conveyances. All matters concerning this tour shall be subject to Laws of the Hellenic Republic.
Please visit this page again for possible updates.