Trainer: Michael Spanos, Managing Partner, Global Sustain
“Business is a vital partner in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. Companies can contribute through their core activities, and we ask companies everywhere to assess their impact, set ambitious goals and communicate transparently about the results.”
Ban Ki-moon, United Nations, Secretary-General
The September 2015 General Assembly of the United Nations goal is to support Member States to implement their ambitious and transformative 2030 Agenda.
In 2015, 193 world leaders commit to 17 Global Goals to achieve three extraordinary things in the next 15 years:
- End extreme poverty.
- Fight inequality & injustice.
- Fix climate change.
The Global Goals for sustainable development could get these things done. In all countries.For all people.
Business and functional leaders.
- Good understanding of own company’s current business model.
- Basic sustainability concepts and trends around climate change and resource constraints.
- The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- The Global Sustainable Development Report (GSDR)
- The Role for Business
- Incorporating SDGs in Business Strategy
- The Business Case for the SDGs
- Fostering science, technology and innovation