Speaker: Sune Thorsen, Member of the Board, Osiris Labs
Plato: An empty vessel makes the loudest sound
- To highlight the global basis for corporate engagement with sustainable development and the SDGs
- Explain the need for training in meeting the global minimum standard for responsible business conduct; the UNGPs
- Point to the huge opportunities for organizational change in applying latest technologies to training
- What can Virtual Reality do to training?
Representatives of the business world (Sustainability/ESG Managers), sustainability professionals and policy makers from public sector, multilateral organisations and CSOs, everyone interested in organisational change towards responsible business conduct
It is anticipated that this session will:
- Build awareness and knowledge about the global minimum standard for responsible business conduct and how it relates to the SDGs
- Enable participants to understand the need for training to bring about adequate responsiveness to adverse Human Rights impacts
- Enable participants to appreciate the huge opportunities for rapid and sustained organisational change, that latest training technologies can realise.
- Some knowledge of the concepts Corporate Social Responsibility/Responsible Business Conduct
- Some knowledge of the UN Global Compact, the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights (the UNGPs) and/or the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises