Trainer: Francesca Palamidessi, Coordinator Corporate and Stakeholder Relations, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
GRI has pioneered sustainability reporting since the late 1990s, transforming it from a niche practice into one now adopted by a growing majority of organizations. GRI’s Sustainability Reporting Standards are foundational to this success. With thousands of reporters in over 90 countries, GRI provides the world’s most widely used standards on sustainability reporting and disclosure, enabling businesses, governments, civil society and citizens to make better decisions based on information that matters.
This workshop will present the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards and some practical aspects of how to use them and why to use them.
In addition, this workshop aims at giving you all the inputs, resources and tools that you need to:
– start your sustainability reporting with the GRI Standards (if you are a new reporter),
– transition from the G4 to the GRI Standards and enhance your reporting process (if you are already a reporter),
– acquire the most important elements and benefits of sustainability reporting (if you are a consultant or non-reporter).
CSR/ Sustainability practitioners, Beginner Reporters, Advanced Reporters, Non-Reporters (Consultants, Mediating Institutions)
Participants of this workshop will obtain a clear understanding of the GRI Standards and its benefits, and will become familiar with the tools and resources needed to start or enhance their sustainability reporting process. The exercise will be an opportunity for peer learning and inspiration for organizations attending the workshop.
Basic knowledge on sustainability and reporting.
1st Part (15 min)
– Introducing GRI
– Transitioning from the G4 to the GRI Standards
– The GR Sustainability Reporting Standards: how and why?
– The benefits of the GRI Standards
– Reporting and sustainability integration
From theory to practice – Exercise (15min)
– Understanding your impacts and why reporting is important
2nd Part (15 min)
– Resources and tools to start reporting with the GRI Standards
– Linking the GRI Standards and EU NFR Directive disclosure
– Introduction to the GRI GOLD Community