Trainer: Spyros Kouvelis, Senior Advisor to the UN
Sustainable consumption is the use of services and related products which respond to basic needs and bring a better quality of life while minimizing the use of natural resources and toxic materials as well as the emissions of waste and pollutants over the life cycle of the service or product so as not to jeopardize the needs of future generations.
Sustainable production is the creation of goods and services using processes and systems that are non-polluting, conserve energy and natural resources, are economically efficient, are safe and healthful for workers, communities, and consumers, and are socially and creatively rewarding for all working people.
To introduce the concepts of Sustainable Consumption and Production and their relevance to solving modern day problems, especially in the Mediterranean region, in the context of the Switch-Med project.
- Sustainability experts
- Those working to help disadvantaged groups
- Increased awareness of how to translate sustainability value into business intelligence.
- Increased awareness of social impact measurement relative to the benefits of introducing sustainability in production and consumption processes.
- Shared knowledge of best practice in using social impact measurement for related projects.
- Awareness of sustainability principles
- Academic knowledge
- Work experience
- Introduction Spyros Kouvelis
- Sustainable Consumption and Production, the work of the UNEP/SCP in the Mediterranean
- Best practices
- Practical exercise
- Q&A Session